- Posted 05 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Asset Accountant, based in Aberdeen on a 12 month duration.
* Ensures the delivery of an effective accounting and financial reporting service for the respective Asset area, in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for PRE (Person Responsible for Expenditure) management on Asset/Functional specific areas, including Forecast Tool review post LOCK.
* Review monthly accrual entries (including Prior Year releases).
* Review journals, including Self-to-Self entries for asset area.
* Review Project Service Journals prior to entry into Oracle.
* Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of monthly JV/Cost Share billings, monthly management reports, monthly/quarterly re- forecasts, partner reports and annual budgets. Includes preparation of variance commentaries.
* JV specific activities as applicable (e.g. Devenick RSA, Brent System Annual Actualisations & Monthly Recoveries Cormorant East Carry Statements & Offshore Purchase, CTIA).
* Review and control of Authorisation For Expenditures (AFEs).
* Review Key Account Reconciliations.
* Preparation/review of Tax Packs on a biannual basis.
* Ongoing maintenance of master data within the Oracle ERP system.
* JV Audit Support.
* Liaise with auditors on an as required basis.
* Timewriting review & challenge.
* Attend Op Com as Finance representative.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in accounting or related subject
* Experience of Joint Venture accounting practices working for an Oil and Gas Operator.
* Knowledge of Oracle Accounting Database (Preferred)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054465.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.