- Posted 29 April 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of SCM Specialist based in Aberdeen.
* Manage & action the procurement of good & services for allocated vessel, asset or operational base/workshop.
* Plan and execute Forwarding & Expediting strategies to ensure timely arrival of goods services without undue delay/penalty with clearance.
* Operate within standardised OR SCM policies, processes and systems and leverage the systems side to support the provision of relevant and quality metrics.
* Manage the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated. Work within cross-functional teams to work with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
* Capitalise from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
* Contribute the selection, management and monitoring of vendors.
* Participate in the evaluation of the vendors.
* Proactively support internal clients such as Vessel Teams, ROV, project teams with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
* Maintain contact with Vendors, including appropriate sites visits, during the entire process ensuring adherence to quality and deadlines.
* Maintain and produce appropriate reports and logs for all relevant internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure these are identified in advance and can be addressed.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous procurement / commercial experience.
* Previous Marine/Vessel SCM experience with exposure to procurement processes and familiar with RFQ/tendering (Desirable).
* Previous experience of using SAP & SAP Ariba (Desirable).
* Knowledge of market/industry suppliers and service providers (Desirable).
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/054383.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.