Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Projects Environmental Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure timely assessment of Project environmental risks using robust methodologies in accordance with the company's Standards and relevant UK legislation (offshore and onshore).
* Advise on pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for priority environmental risks associated with Projects/Developments.
* Ensure identified risks and controls are transferred into Project Execute and Operate (including new permit conditions), including the inclusion of commitments made and agreed risk controls into the terms and conditions of contractor contracts.
* Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: preparing Permit applications, OPEPs, Environmental Impact Assessments, ESHIA and supporting studies & modelling, including baseline and monitoring studies and surveys and environmental management programmes.
* Fulfil the role of Impact Assessment Lead with support from Impact Assessment Subject Matter Expert.
* Engage with the environmental regulators on a project level; in liaison with the Operating side of the company.
* Conduct assurance activities on compliance with the company's & Legal requirements.
* Facilitate incident investigations
* Support of Environmental internal and Regulatory reporting (e.g. EEMS, SERS, SPRI, IRS) for Projects & Development.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree (or Industry) qualified in relevant subject
* Meets the company's JG3 Environmental competence profile (Practitioner)
* Significant experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore)
* Relevant experience of Projects & Development support.
* A good understanding of the Upstream business and how it works, including credible front-line experience of managing HSSE.
* Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
* A genuine passion for Environmental Management.
* External lens and connectivity: able to understand how the company can influence the external world and how the company is influenced by the external world.
* Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside the company and within different cultural settings.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
12 Month Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069136.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.