Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Cost Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* To deliver standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to projects.
* Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
* Roll-out of the Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase.
* Develop and Implement Project Cost and Schedule Management Plan.
* Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
* Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
* Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs) / GIPs.
* Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
* Develop and implement Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub projects.
* Participate in peer reviews and other Assurance events.
* Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
* Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
* Maintain consistency in cost basis through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
* Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
* Provide support to benchmarking and other Continuous Improvement activities.
* The role will work closely with the rest of the Decom Project Services team as well as interact regularly with Wells, Operations, Project Engineers and Finance to develop robust cost forecasts.
* Support Risk / Opportunity management processes for the project team
* Support trend identification / change management system and establish a contingency drawdown mechanism.
* Provides forecasts for the timely submission into the investment documentation and the annual corporate planning cycle.
* Support reporting activities for the project team
* Work closely with the planner to ensure costs are aligned with project phasing.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in establishing, managing, and delivering the cost engineering activities for at least one sizable project >$100 million
* Candidate to be an already experienced Cost Engineer with relevant experience in a lead role for a project in execution
* Significant professional Experience in Project Services
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068151.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.