- Posted 16 September 2022
- Salary £1 - £330 per day + PAYE rate (Inside IR35) + holiday pay
- DisciplineBuilt Environment Recruitment
- Contact NameMichael DaCosta
Project Controls Engineer
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Controls Engineer with our UK client, one of the world's leading energy companies. This is an opportunity to be part of the energy transition initiative in electrification for future mobility and solutions.
The position will be based in central London. Hybrid working 2 days in office, 3 days remote.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working in a team to deliver cluster reporting services and ensure the integrity and effectiveness of estimating, planning/scheduling, cost tracking, programme MoC, and programme/function risks.
The role will support the development of the programme controls strategy, plans and procedures, implementing continuous improvement plans and managing conformance within the cluster and external requirements.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
* Act as a point of contact for controls-related activity within the cluster
* Deliver the cluster controls, ensuring the controls capability is onboard at the right time/place
* Deliver appropriate stage gate estimates and bases of estimate
* Support the development of stage gate appropriate Financial Memorandums (FMs) with estimating and scheduling norms.
* Prepare an integrated Cluster Control Schedule (CCS) and level 1 schedule for the cluster
* Compile the Forecast Final Cost (FFC), cost phasing, variances and uncertainties for leadership review monthly
* Ensure cluster and programme change and risk impacts are captured in cost and schedule updates (inc. trends)
* Coordinate quarterly financial updates (GFO's) and internal Cluster Controls verification reviews
* Support the delivery of the Cluster Information Management activities to support the programme
Required Skills & Experience
* A member of ACostE or project management accreditation
* Knowledge of the EV market and the issues around an EV charging network
* Experience with Telecommunications and Automotive industry
* Experience in production planning
* Major Programme Experience (10+ years)
* Solid, broad-based experience in the concept development, selection, design and/or construction phases of programmes/projects with an excellent track record of delivery.
* Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative and self-reliance are required.
* Ability to interface, influence, and work effectively with members of Cluster and Programme.
* Bias for simplification and efficiency with focus on fit-for-purpose deliverables that meet the needs of the business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply and upload a copy of your latest CV for immediate consideration.
This UK assignment has been determined inside IR35 and is offered on a PAYE basis. UK candidates only
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.