Responsible for procurement activities related to packages for an Offshore Wind project in development or assets in predevelopment. During the initial phase of the project's development, the position will manage, and coordinate activities related to procurement planning, and preparation, including:
* Monitoring the procurement plan and reporting thereof
* Monitoring of the procurement cost forecast
* Being the main liaison planning interface between contractors
The position manages the sourcing of tagged items procured:
* Serve as interface related to procurement of all tagged items for the projects Offshore Wind Procurement relate packages.
* Work with the engineering team to ensure CFT standard documents are in place including requirements to address operational and maintenance agreements by Company directly with Suppliers Work with the engineering team to align sourcing with established market sector strategies.
* Links plans to Long Leads requirements.
* Work to ensure approved vendor list is utilized, updated and ensure that additions to AVL are assessed within the prescribed quality framework.
* Advises on major procurement related risks for project.
* Co-ordinates scheduling and approvals required as part of project contracting governance process.
* Assist Procurement Manger in negotiation and execution of purchase orders.
* Ensures transparency of contracts administration process, including preparation / representation of documents for claim negotiations, arbitration, mediation or litigation forums.
* Ensures proper closeout of contracts, including management of bank guarantees, retentions, claim resolutions, financial payments, post appraisals, etc.
* Promotes achievement of Safety
* Promotes compliance with Company's Code of Conduct.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience:
* Negotiated varied and complex contracts with a wide range of contractors and vendors, with a minimum of 10 years' experience in procurement of energy / power equipment and services or similar large scale industrial projects.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or Business. Master a plus
* The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
1. Negotiation skills, Knowledge of C&P tools
2. Excellent organizational ability and commitment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines; good team player: willingness to help, confidence and competence to deliver.
3. Good knowledge & appreciation of critical business support activities (legal, commercial, economics, finance, insurance, tax, JV management.
4. Superior written and oral communication.
5. Flexibility and pro-activeness are requested.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.