- Posted 02 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationBarrow-in-Furness District
- Contact NameCatriona Cooper
Undertakes routine engineering maintenance and defect repair tasks to ensure the reliability and scheduled availability of operational plant and equipment associated with gas production/processing.
- Executes routine and non-routine maintenance activities to plant and equipment in accordance with agreed procedures and operational requirements to ensure the protection of plant, equipment, Environment and the safety of employees.
- Investigates complex technical problems relating to critical plant, identifies solutions and acts to return plant to normal operating service.
- Prepares and presents technical reports and maintains appropriate records of activities within the recognised systems to maintain an accurate record of activities undertaken for the benefit of future analysis and third-party audits.
- Carries out commissioning and decommissioning activities to ensure planned plant operating programmes are achieved in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the design and commissioning of plant modifications including the initiation of recommendations for modifications to ensure the ongoing availability of plant and equipment.
- Liaises with vendors, engineering support function and external auditors when required.
- Supervises other staff and vendor/contractor employees in undertaking work activities to ensure that activities are undertaken safely and efficiently in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within the area of work, and that appropriate permit is in place to ensure the protection of plant, equipment, environment, and the safety of employees.
- Carry out the duty of a Metering Technician core role on systems such as Fiscal Metering and Analysers.
- Demonstrable experience in petrochemical process operations or maintenance
- Sound understanding of engineering principles
- Qualified as an Instrument or Metering technician.
- The inherent hazards of operating in this nature and the substances involved require the job holder to possess a thorough knowledge of procedures and the process systems to ensure the ongoing integrity of health, safety and environmental performance.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
It is an expectation of the business that the job holder maintains and continues to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate engineering subject is necessary to provide the requisite underpinning knowledge.
- Knowledge of General Instrumentation & Fiscal Metering through production/maintenance operations gained whilst working in the oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- Good communication and organisational skills, and proficient on Windows & maintenance management programs.
- Offshore maintenance experience highly desirable.
MANDATORY TRAINING REQUIRED
- Ex Equipment in Hazardous Areas (CompEx)
- SIL Awareness
- SBT01 Stage 1 Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing Assemblies - Twin Ferrule
- MJI10 Stage 1 Initial Training - Hand Torque Bolted Connections
- Spirit Energy PVision Permit to Work - CBT
- Spirit Energy EVision Risk Assessment - CBT
- Benzene Awareness - CBT
- Confined Space Awareness - CBT
- COSHH Awareness - CBT
- Environmental Awareness - CBT
- H2S Hydrogen Sulphide - CBT
- CBT - Flexible Hose Assembly Awareness
- Lifting Operations Awareness (LOLER) - CBT
- Mechanical Isolations -CBT
- Induction including EBA
- Face Fit Test
- Gas Tester Practical (carried out by onshore chemist)
- Authorised Gas Tester - CBT
- PUWER Awareness - CBT
- Noise Awareness - CBT
- Manual Handling Awareness - CBT
- Dropped Objects Awareness - CBT
- Compressed Gas Safety - CBT
- Asbestos Awareness - CBT
- HAVS - CBT
- Working at Height Awareness - CBT
Please refer the Job Description and Person Specification on Pipeline for Job Details and Job Dimensions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.