- Posted 27 April 2022
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRonan Brady
Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a MES Engineer on behalf of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical client based in Co. Meath on an initial 11-month contract.
The Manufacturing Execution System Engineer will work across the site self-directed work teams and hub teams to identify and resolve issues to allow the site to achieve the strategic objectives related to Safety, Quality/Compliance, Supply Assurance (i.e., capacity, yield, fulfillment), and Value.
OPERATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT (50%)
- Provide manufacturing execution systems, automation, and technical support to ensure stable, efficient, and robust operations at the site.
- Maintains the plant engineering areas in an inspection ready, GMP compliant state.
- Anticipate, solve, or escalate problems as appropriate.
- Provide timely update of achievements and challenges
- Support escalation plan for routine and out of hour's emergencies, and response for automation team.
- Work collaboratively on resolving obstacles and building relationships to maintain a highly effective and productive work environment.
- Investigate events and non-conformances and complete technical reports as appropriate.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (50%)
- Monitor and optimise systems performance
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance.
- Collaboratively develop requirements and recommendations for system modifications, upgrades, retrofits, and replacements.
- Manage manufacturing execution systems projects and maintenance programs by following a systematic approach in accordance with financial and business
- Control, develop and modify manufacturing execution system process recipes.
- Provide appropriate support to ensure manufacturing execution system design, commissioning, qualification, and validation is executed per requirements.
- Manage implementation and cost control of small to medium sized site-specific projects through conception, approval, planning, execution, and validation in all parts of the plant.
- Develop and implement robust processes to drive an environment of right-first time.
- Utilise Operational Excellence tools and techniques in completing designs, implementing technical solutions, and resolving complex problems.
- Maintain specifications and standard procedures to align with industry standards.
- Establish and maintain best-in-class automation systems, process, and methodologies around the management of automation specifications, GEP, reliability and technologies and the integration of a highly automated operating model across the site.
- Review and approve changes to operating procedures and the change control process relating to the systems.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Education:
- Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry desirable, (preferably both).
- Organisation Skills - Ability to manage multiple priorities and know when to escalate issues for resolution.
- Prior Manufacturing Systems experience is not considered essential for the right candidate- bioprocess engineering, process operations experience in an automated environment etc will be considered.
- Interest in computers an advantage.
- Must enjoy working in a team-based environment.
- Level 8 Qualification in a Science or Engineering discipline is required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.