- Posted 22 April 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Competitive Salary and flexible benefits package
Location - Glasgow
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Materials Engineer within their Pipeline Group based in Glasgow.
Responsible for procedures and technical knowledge for the purpose of supporting qualification of welding procedures specifically regarding activities associated with pipe material, ECA, fatigue and corrosion for the benefit of identifying risks and opportunities, improving efficiency and advancing projects and tenders to completion. Additionally, support NDT personnel during NDT assessment programs in relation to the applied acceptance criteria.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in relevant subject area
- Experience of materials for oil and gas line pipe applications
- Assumes responsibility for delivery of ECA, enquiry tenders, material quality and project objectives.
- Communicates effectively and articulately at all levels, internally and externally.
- Works well as part of a team and as an individual to achieve objectives.
- Develops a culture of excellence.
- Is risk aware and demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions.
- Demonstrates effective forward planning and awareness of overall company objectives.
- Demonstrates professional approach when representing PPT, builds and enhances relationship with clients and manages interface effectively.
- Develops and builds effective working partnership within management peer group
- Shows commitment to continuous improvements.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.