Lead Cost Engineer
We have a current opportunity for a Lead Cost Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Sutton
- Supervise and monitor the activities of the project cost control team
- Ensure all costs are allocated to the right destinations (departments, contracting entities).
- Interface with budget owners regularly to review commitments and challenge their forecasts
- Ensure in-depth analysis and reporting of variances periodically
- Ensure constant monitoring of the progress of work by reviewing necessary supporting material (planning and reports) and information
- Calculate and plan Estimate To Complete (ETC)
- Responsible for the reconciliation of forecasted and actual expenditures and the production of project accruals
- Prepare the monthly report in association with the Package Manager Project service manager and the project cost controller
Regular trips to Europe might be required
- 10 years experience in Project Cost control, 2 or 3 years in Leading Cost control on projects, preferably in Oil & gas
- Demonstrable experience in delivering Cost Control and various types and size of the project.
- Strong communication
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.