Inspection & Quality Lead
- Posted 16 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
- Oversee the implementation of the Project specific Quality Plan and Construction Quality Program (CQP) for contract compliance by closely working with Project Quality team,
- Supervise and conduct periodic audits of company CQP elements, module contractor's quality control procedures and fabrication/construction practices for contract compliance,
- Ensure that all module fabricators are working under the guidance of their approved Quality Plan, ITP and company approved procedures that meets or exceeds company Quality Program,
- Ensure that all contractors implement and follow a Project approved Inspection and Test plan for their respective inspection activities in compliance with Project requirements, Codes and standards etc,
- Verify module fabricator's QA/QC personnel and their Independent Test Lab Inspector qualifications are qualified and competent to perform their duties,
- Ensure and manage multi-discipline quality documentation from the module fabricators such as structural, piping, mechanical, I&E, painting etc.and ensure all ITP elements are complete and approved.
- Perform QA audits of periodic bolting torque checks to ensure the correct usage of bolts, gaskets, lubrication etc is in effect and in conformance with project standards.
- Perform QA audits of periodic piping cleanliness and preservation checks to ensure contractor's compliance to company specs.
- Perform QA audits of all NDE to ensure appropriate % NDT is conducted,
- Ensure routine material inspections, structural welding inspections and periodic radiographic film reviews for conformance to ASME code and Company standards are conducted using qualified Third party inspectors as and when required and inspection reports are timely generated.
- Issue Non-conformance reports (NCR) to the fabricators for work that fails to meet the requirements of the project drawings or specifications and ensure follow through of the same,
- * Ensure provision of periodic module shop QAQC visit reports and Monthly Status of module QA/QC activities to the Project Quality Manager and Module lead/PM.
- * Work closely with module fabricator team and ensure that a copy of all applicable module fabrication QA/QC turnover documents is compiled during the project on an ongoing basis,
- Conduct quality training sessions with contractors/subcontractors to ensure the project quality requirements are clearly understood and implemented,
- Establish and report project quality metrics to the company Home office Quality Manager for verifying effectiveness of the Quality Plan.
- Reports functionally to Project execution Quality.
- Preferred Bachelor's in engineering with 10yrs+ experience or Diploma in Engineering with over 15+ years in EPC industrial construction capital projects
- People skills and good communication skills
- AWS CWI or SCWI or Other API welding certification
- ASNT Level II NDT certification in RT film interpretation, UT, MT, PT
- Auditing skills/experience in accordance to ISO standards
- Good track record of success in safety, quality, quality planning, metrics tracking and working with contractors/suppliers
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.