- Posted 26 May 2022
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameBinxa Auta
Orion Group have an exciting opportunity with Our Multinational Pharmaceutical Client located in Liverpool, UK. We are sourcing a Financial Accountant on a 12-month contract role.
The role holder will be part of the Account to Report team and is responsible for Financial Accounting for multiple European entities to deliver accurate and timely execution of Financial Accounting activities. Perform complex transactions and statutory reporting across the set of entity codes. It also includes support for projects and continuous improvement and liaising with Finance Business Partners for escalations.
- Prepare and post recurring and standard manual journals, including payroll, intercompany entries, and topside journals.
- Manage the month end close for responsible entities.
- Perform and review Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Identify reconciliation issues and resolve any issues that are due to system/ transactional gaps.
- Be comfortable reaching out to business partners to help resolve any issues that require discussion.
- Support preparation of entity budgets and forecasts including Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and cashflow statement.
- Prepare and load data from the budgeting & planning tool to the consolidation system for all legal entities. Consolidate group level budget & forecast including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Complete IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) adjustment calculations and share with Controlling & Reporting for review.
- Support for internal and external audit and governance requests
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in related field or professional certification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA) required.
- 6+ years' experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in global scientific/pharmaceutical industry desirable.
- Timely decision making and priority setting.
- Organizational agility.
#orionlifesciences #orionlifescienceseurope #accountant #finance #opportunity #career #contract
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.