Our client is now hiring Field Engineers with a Mechanical background to support industrial construction projects based in various project locations throughout the Southeast (AL, LA, AR, GA, MS, NC, etc).
Summary and Purpose: Our client is seeking a Field Engineer with experience supporting a range of projects in the Heavy Industrial Sector. This position interacts with customers, engineers, field supervision and suppliers to plan work and resolve field issues. This is a full-time, long-term, direct hire opportunity offering full benefits, competitive pay, and relocation for those who qualify.
* Interacts with owners, engineers, and estimators to prepare, review, or validate project estimates, scopes of work, and contracts
* Provide oversight of field activities to ensure installations are built to established quality standards, on schedule, and within budgets
* Coordinate construction activities with Owners and Engineers, including ongoing owner operations and other construction activities by others.
* Monitor productivity and verify earned value for progress payments, updates, and contractor claims
* Recognize and initiate key steps in the Change Order Management process.
* Update project schedules and status
* Acts as front-line technical liaison for Owner and Engineers. Provide technical analysis and recommendation to client front line supervision
Education and Experience:
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Construction Management with (2) or more years of multidisciplinary experience
* Minimum (5) years similar construction experience in Paper, Chemical, or Power Industries, with background in scheduling and project controls
* Logical and reasoned evaluation of field conditions and possible solutions.
* Ability to coordinate and facilitate work across a broad range of personnel, supervision, craft, engineers and project managers. Must be collaborative and able to openly engage with colleagues to achieve project goals.
* Ability to direct subcontractors and other 3rd party agents.
* Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a dynamic environment
* Able to translate technical concepts to broader audience
* OSHA Safety Management Training or experience
* Applied project management experience
* Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office and Primavera
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Work is performed in an industrial environment, including hands-on support live equipment. The industrial setting will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and chemical agents.
* Work is performed using office equipment with substantial time spent working on a computer.
* Requires walking, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, and occasional lifting of material up to fifty (50) pounds.
* Performance of this position will require exposure to hazards which require the use of personal protective equipment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.