- Posted 01 August 2022
- Salary Up to €1 per day
- LocationCounty Meath
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRonan Brady
Orion Group Sciences are currently recruiting an EHS Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Biopharmaceutical client based in Co. Meath on an initial 11-month contract (with potential to extend).
The EHS Specialist will ensure the EHS organisation assists all regulatory and corporate requirements from an EHS & Risk Management perspective, coordinating and implementing all assigned Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental tasks related to EHS objectives and activities on site as the site transitions from Projects to Sustaining phase.
- Manage EHS compliance with applicable Irish statutory environmental (EPA) licence, and health and safety (HSA) legal requirements as well as numerous organisational Global Safety and Environmental Standards for the site.
- Work closely with the Facilities organization to ensure that those relevant conditions of the Dunboyne site Industrial Emissions Licence IEL as granted by the Irish EPA are complied with. Coordinate air, water and waste sampling programs and compile and issue reports in collaboration with Facilities Dept on behalf of the site environmental manager.
- Manage IEL and GMO compliance registers on the company's Enablon platform for the Dunboyne site.
- Assist the site Biosafety Committee in compiling GMO consent submissions to Irish EPA and manage EHS related biosafety conditions to ensure compliance to existing GMO consents.
- Be the EHS owner of numerous local EHS standards and complete EHS Assessment and auditing of EHS process and systems in line with Oranisational Global Safety and Environment Standards to transition the site to sustaining operations.
- Ensure a robust EHS Documentation management system is implemented to factory milestone schedule and that procedures are in place as agreed with site EHS lead for topics such as EHS Compliance Auditing, Risk Management, EHS Culture, EHS training, Incident Management, EHS communications on site.
- Manage day-to-day operational EHS queries, technical support, and machine / plant/ process or equipment safety issues as escalated.
- Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities performed.
- Report out weekly to management and department teams on KPIs in line with EHS objectives/targets (planned vs. actual performance).
- Demonstrate collaboration with site colleagues to promote a safe by choice culture
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 - 5 years EHS Experience working in a Manufacturing facility - Biotech/ Pharma or similar
- In Depth Knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power-point).
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter) or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach
- Strong ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety essential
- Bachelor of Science qualification an advantage
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.