- Posted 26 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have a current opportunity for a Construction Manager on a contract basis. The position will be have a head office of Surrey with travel anticipated.
Project based, and so may be required to travel to any of the project sites (E.g NL, Algeria, Scotland, etc) and this also may impact the working days.
Home office hours would be 5 normal days, however site based working can be up to 6 days a week.
- Champion the development of effective Construction Procedures, Strategies and HES plans which support the overall project goals.
- Support the Project Execution and Business goals through planning, recruitment and management of site construction personnel, including their training and development.
- Supporting the sales/proposals business group with cost and schedule estimates, and working effectively with internal engineering and support groups, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Driving constructability through pre-execution stages and stage gate reviews of the project
- Driving consistency and improvement of work processes for the Construction team
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline and/or significant experience in EPC/EPCM construction management throughout project lifecycle
- Demonstrable experience as a Construction Manager - at least 10 years of experience.
- Construction management background in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemicals processing industries is preferred.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.