- Posted 17 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NamePhil Butcher
We are seeking an Analytical Chemist to work a 12-18 month contract at a chemical facility client in Pennsylvania.
The Analytical Chemist provides process chemistry support to the Analytical Laboratory to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management. The chemist works closely with the Process Chemists and Technicians to provide technical assurance to the laboratory in to support production. Some examples of the support the Analytical Chemist will provide for the site are:
* Assuring the methods used in the laboratory are fit for purpose
* Advanced troubleshooting of methods and instrument malfunctions
* Participate in MOCs to ensure robust Product Quality Management during changes to be implemented.
* Developing methods to test unknown samples and draw conclusions from the results to support
* Maintain the QC systems for the Laboratory to assure data quality
* Monitor performance of the Technicians and provide additional training and coaching as required
* Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Gas chromatography (GC) experience a major plus
* Minimum three (3) years experience in refining or chemical industry in an analytical chemistry role.
* Strong analytical background in troubleshooting
* Effective problem solving of methodology and equipment
* Causal analysis experience
* Familiarity with standard test method protocols used for petrochemical testing (ASTM, UOP,ISO)
* General knowledge of chemical analysis
* Ability to apply Quality Assurance concepts to varying situations
* Data Management and statistical knowledge (SQC)
* Ability to share points of view and drive resolution to closure
* Leadership ability to support, educate and mentor a variety of individuals
* Ability to gather data quickly and make quick logical decisions
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.