- Posted 02 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationPort Arthur
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameKevin Kinzie
The basic function of the Supervisor - Yield Systems is to plan and direct the refinery's Yield Systems / Mass Balance Group and to operate, maintain and improve the refinery mass balance model and ensure current refinery operations are represented to accurately record refinery and BTP joint venture yield and production data.
* Manage, motivate, and develop the employees of the Refinery Yield Systems/Mass Balance Groups.
* Monitor and verify the accuracy of the yield accounting reporting for the Refinery and BTP and ensure such reporting is completed in the timelines set by the Corporate Office and BTP.
* Train direct reports on general systems procedures and additional tools used by Yield Systems, example PI
* Review Yield Systems reports daily and work with team to correct issues as found.
* Maintain an understanding of the refinery operations and ensure the quality of data coming into the refinery and BTP yield system.
* Authority to set policies, priorities and procedure refinery wide to improve yield accounting accuracy.
* Reconcile daily yield data using the refinery yield systems model (Gera). After reconciliation, the model is checked for program issues or input data errors. Communicate updates so that forecasting, hedging, and other models can be updated by groups such as RSTO, Performance Control, and Total Corporate.
* Determine sources of loss and develop methods to minimize future loss, through procedural changes or by coordinating efforts with operations, measurement specialist, and other refinery personnel
* Identify, develop, and implement changes to streamline process data flow, minimize losses, and improve the overall mass balance.
* Ensure Refinery/BTP custody transactions on pipelines, internal transactions, crude ships, barges, and other product movements are accurate, reasonable, and reported correctly in yield production report in mass and volume.
* Work with OM&S, lab, operations, technical, and coordination to resolve yield systems issues arising in respective areas.
* Identify anomaly system issues and address with SOG personnel, develop new methods to resolve issues. Coordinate and troubleshoot with SOG to understand and develop solutions for these problems.
* Coordinate with environmental personnel to confirm monthly refinery flaring amount. Ensure it is properly recorded in the yield production report and ultimately, accurately represented for annual environmental compliance and FTZ reporting.
* Modify the refinery yield systems model design to align it with changing refinery configuration. Develop/update procedures.
* Provide periodic and month-end production data within timelines set by Head Office, Back Office, and Downstream Systems (month end close production reports must be issued by the end of the second working day of the following month.
* Work with Downstream Systems/Back Office to ensure mass balance is accurately represented in corporate acct. systems.
* Work with Controlling to ensure the refinery's yield is accurately represented in the corporate valorization models.
* Issue and investigate concerns with daily BTP meter sheet. This involves working with measurement specialist, RSTO, Back Office, BTP, OM&S,etc.
* Work closely with BTP, RSTO (Refining Supply Trading & Optimization), and Downstream Systems Managers consistently to ensure accuracy of data.
* Understand, interpret, and communicate data to all levels of management as well as daily review of yield acct reports published to the web
* Perform month-end close, ensure Yield Systems books are closed by midday on the second working day of the following month.
* Responsible for affirming Yield Systems is accurate on a weekly and monthly.
* Bachelor's Degree (Chemical Engineering preferred) with 5+ years refinery experience (yield accounting preferred), OR technical degree with 10+ years relevant refinery experience (yield accounting preferred)
* Good understanding of how all aspects of the refinery work together, including process flows, OM&S tankage, docks and pipeline systems
* High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Pi
* Highly analytical and problem-solving oriented
* Leadership and communication skills possessing the ability to extract commitment and secure follow-up with individuals both inside and outside direct control
* Some travel is required between the Refinery and Corporate Offices.
* Extended hours will be required to meet deadlines.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.