Xmas Tree/Wellhead Engineer
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Xmas Tree/Wellhead Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* To deliver Wellhead installation, Tree installation and recovery, Completions, Workovers and Interventions on time and budget with no harm to personnel, assets or the environment on behalf of the company.
* Provide wellhead installation, tree installation and recovery, completion, workover and Intervention costs to the Drilling Engineer for AFE's and continue to estimate prediction. Thereafter monitor costs though to end of job.
* Technical Lead for wellhead and tree supply contracts. Responsible for managing the agreed relationship with service providers and in setting the KPIs with the Contract Owner and C&P Specialist
* Apply functional specifications to deliver optimum value in accordance with API 6A, 17D etc.
* Review manufacturer's proposals, and confirm that the proposed temperature class, material class, PSL, and PR are appropriate for the application
* Ensure equipment providers have robust QA/ QC policies that are in compliance with latest industry standards and codes.
* Participate in audits and inspections in collaboration with the QA/ QC Engineer.
* Maintain and provide accurate records of all tree/ wellhead system components utilized, changed and serviced ensuring correct information is communicated in well handover package.
* Ensure receipt of complete Manufacturing Record Books (MRBs) prior to well handover.
* Periodically review and update the company's internal standards and codes in accordance with industry changes and requirements.
* Review and approve vendor design, assembly and testing documents.
* Oversee construction QA/ QC. Co-ordinate FAT/ SIT operations. Co-ordinate third party equipment procurement and interface testing.
* Verify design review also includes the wellhead system/ tree interfaces.
* Perform rig surveys and propose rig/ equipment modifications where necessary.
* Take responsibility for BOP/ tree/ wellhead and tubing hanger interfaces.
* Responsibility will extend to the completions programme, for operations regarding tree, tubing hanger, SSTT and BOP interface issues.
* Co-ordinate offshore operations supervision and associated equipment and personnel.
* Oversee the installation, orientation and testing of the wellhead and tree equipment on location.
* Provide onshore technical support for offshore operations.
* To manage drilling and completion equipment make ups and testing onshore to ensure fit for purpose.
* To manage all rental tooling and equipment requirements.
* Generate post-operations report and implement lessons learned.
* In conjunction with the drilling engineer ensure all Well Handover documents throughout the operations are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Demonstrated capacity of team leadership and supervision
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with extensive engineering/ operations experience in major wellhead/ tree supplier, with proven track record
* Relevant experience (minimum) in wellhead/ tree engineering/ operations and site supervision.
* IWCF Well Control Certification.
* Offshore survival.
* Current medical
* MIST Training
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066331.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.