- Posted 07 June 2022
- SalaryInsurance and Bonus Structure
- Contact NameTravis Weaver
Support the operational fleet with Performance and reliability engineering as well as support the development and construction team with wind farm optimization, wind turbine selection and quality assurance.
Your Future Plans:
- Perform Root cause analysis of failures in wind turbines
- Reliability engineering: ensure that existing faults and failures are analyzed, and solutions are designed
- Performance engineering: analyze the current portfolio together with the data analysts and determine upgrades and improvements to the wind turbines to increase output
- Trouble shooting support: support operations where needed in immediate issues.
- support wind turbine technical due diligence for new projects
- Ensure the highest level of health and safety practices on the assigned wind farm(s). This includes wearing essential safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the job.
- Pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind Organization Certification.
- Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform check, inspections, and measurements.
- Adherence to the company's values and behaviors as defined by the ONE E. ON philosophy.
- Assure that all on site related engineering activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures established for the business and for the wind farms
Your Powerful Skills:
- 2 years of experience with technical work in Wind Turbine Generators and/or engineering support.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, wind energy, electrical or aerospace Engineering.
- Primarily an office environment; Occasional visits to a field environment are required.
- This will include hazardous conditions such as working at height up to 300', working in confined spaces, exposure to bloodborne pathogens, exposure to energized electrical and rotating equipment, and working in extreme hot and cold conditions.
- Must pass a fit-for-duty medical examination upon hiring and every 2 years thereafter and maintain a body weight of 270 lbs or less. The work also requires flexibility and full range of movement in confined spaces.
- The work may require providing first aid/CPR; must maintain First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
The work will require irregular work hours depending upon the required response of site operations to address the unpredictable needs of the wind farm.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.