- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
Our Client is a well-established business specialising in the aquaculture industry. Due to successful expansion they currently have a vacancy for a Workshop Supervisor to join their Inverness based facility on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be supporting all workshop based activities with main responsibilities including following but not limited to:
- Allocating work to the engineers in the workshop and setting timescales for the duration of each job
- Liaison with the Stores department to ensure the correct parts and materials are available in advance for every job
- Accurately record the engineers time on every job and liaise with Accounts to ensure all jobs are invoiced accurately and timeously
- Ensuring the workshop premises, equipment and workshop engineers are fully compliant with all relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Supporting the workshop team with troubleshooting and have the ability to carry out engineering work if required
- Ensuring all work is carried out correctly, competently and on time whilst maintaining excellent quality levels and high customer satisfaction.
- Keeping the Operations Manager appraised of any workshop issues and particularly highlight any projected shortfall in work
- Continually driving the efficiency within the department
- Control of the departmental budget. Responsible for the profitable operation of the workshop and meeting any targets or objectives that are set
- Providing excellent service to customers, also ensuring customers are kept fully informed as to the progress of their jobs
- Previous background in a workshop based environment preferred (i.e. tool hire, vehicle maintenance etc.)
- Good knowledge of engineering concepts - electrical, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge
- People management skills
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail
Hours of work:
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:30 (30 minute unpaid lunch break).
Occasional need to work away from home on request and agreement with the employee.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV and quoting job ref: PR/055392.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.