- Posted 25 April 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Works Instrument Engineer
Location - Grangemouth
Our client is a chemical company in Grangemouth seeking a Works Instrument Engineer on this COMAH site. You will be responsible for directing the process of preventative maintenance for instrumental equipment to ensure compliance with the Statutory and Integrity inspection schedule as well as compliance with asset maintenance routines for all Instrumental equipment, to ensure safe and reliable plant operation.
Main responsibilities include:
- Running diagnostic, investigating and fixing complex and technical faults on machinery, equipment, and components
- Reacting to unplanned plant failures, by assessing the failures and failure mechanisms, implementing repair strategies to return to service in the safest and efficient manner.
- Supporting the Reliability and Process Safety Roadmap by being a key actor on SIL / RCA / FMECA / MTBF / Preventative Maintenance plans, defining and implementing relevant actions.
- Detailing requirements/scope for the refurbishment of site Instrument equipment
- Participating in HAZOP's, and other design review activities as requested
- Supporting with the review of preventative maintenance Plan and progress reports management
- Managing the use of electronic maintenance system
- Carrying out preventative maintenance. Plan all padlocks and correct handover procedures.
- Assisting in the selection and management of critical spares, through sourcing of information, selection of spares, three quotes tendering processes and request for spares through material master and SAP
- Contractor management, through a selection of services, purchasing of services through SAP and company three quote tendering system.
Skills and requirements:
- Previous Experience in the process of identification, selection and management of SIL instrumentation
- Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering Degree preferably in HND in Instrument Discipline and COMAH site or advanced Profes.Educ./HND/Tech.Diploma
- Previous experience in control and instrumentation and as supervisor of instrumental jobs
- Previous experience managing contractors.
- Previous experience on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's)
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, SAP (Experience of CMMS), experience in a permit to work system, including isolation and lock off procedures.
- Previous experience in Regulations IEC 61511 and DESEAR.
- A good understanding of PUWER and COSHH regulations, for the application with instrumental equipment.
- Previous background in the design & maintenance of instrument/control systems in a process industry environment
- Experience in the process of identification, selection and management of SIL instrumentation
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.