- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Wellsite Abandonment Engineer, based Offshore.
* Assists and deputises for Abandonment Supervisor in managing rig operations. Prepares morning reports, cement calculations and other documents and spreadsheets as required.
* Participates in the compilation of daily work instructions and action plans for operations and logistics.
* Monitors operational performance.
* Ensures familiarity with the well objectives and the detailed abandonment programme. Gives careful consideration to upcoming requirements for personnel, bulks and tools.
* Assists the Logistics Co-ordinator by compiling daily operations look a heads.
* Performs visual checks of all rental tools and tangibles arriving on the rig to ensure that the correct items have been received in the correct quantity and in satisfactory quality (as can be determined from a visual check).
* Ensures records of dimensions are kept for all rental equipment run in hole.
* Maintains hard copy and electronic well files to meet the requirements of the Well Examination scheme, ensures timely dispatch of such records to the office-based Operations Engineer for archiving.
* Monitors operational performance.
* Optimises logistics versus changing downhole work scope.
* Participates in the rig safety management system including safety behavioural programme, risk assessments, pre-tour meetings, toolbox talks and safety meetings.
* Creates reports for company's and the legislative bodies by compiling operations information and performance analysis to provide an as-installed record of events and well components.
* Assists in close out non-conformance reports.
* Prepares section summaries and key learnings for inclusion in the End-of-well report and compiles the End of Well Report when required by the Superintendent.
* Records lessons learned by analysing performance and comparing the observed result against the plan to provide learning for the organization for future operations.
* Cost control and invoice approval
* Monitors cost expenditure and time/cost tracking on a daily basis.
* Complies with, and assists team members to comply with, the company's Management System, particularly the procedures and Guidance Documents relevant to Operations.
* Makes recommendations for improvements to the Management System and ensures that effective controls are maintained for engineering and operations.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in a technical/engineering discipline
* IWCF Level 4 Drilling Well Control
* Offshore Survival Training Certificate, UK Medical and MIST
* Fully certified by a recognised Well Control Authority for drilling activities e.g. IWCF, WELLCAP to Supervisor level.
* Previous experience in offshore rig roles
* Completion of technical training programme applicable to role
* Proven relationship-builder - internally and externally
* Undertakes regular offshore travel
* Additional Documentation
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055410.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.