- Posted 28 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
The role exists to ensure all wells are drilled safely, compliant with all regulations, and efficiently to meet defined well objectives in accordance with the Statement of Requirements (SOR) and meets all expectations of the New Wells Common Process. This delivery requires collaboration and effective communication across Subsurface and Wells teams.
- HSSE focus and ability to influence compliance standards for Safety and Operational Risks
- Support well planning activities and construction of relevant NWD documents consistent with bp's Wells Common Process
- Support the construction of key documents, meeting participation and decisions (WID (Well Initiation Document), NDS (No Drilling Surprises) meeting, select the well option, operational decision trees, and finalization of the data acquisition program)
- Assist in the creation of pre-drill risk registers and ensure mitigation and contingency plans are created for all geological risks
- Support the construction of the SOR document ensuring the well objectives, data acquisition, and all relevant overburden characterization elements are contained
- Ensure appropriate resourcing of well-site geologists both onshore/offshore through active engagement with suppliers
- Ensure integration of well planning and operational activity through strong collaboration with key stakeholders, NWD and Wells leadership
- Lead the construction of the GOP ensuring all relevant information is contained in this document
- Own the contractor performance for key wellsite services to include but not limited to mudlogging, wireline/LWD, wellsite PPFG and geological services
- Lead the daily NWD/subsurface operations meeting with the Rig based subsurface entities ( WSG, BioStrat, ML, LWD)
- Represent NWD/subsurface at the morning Wells rig call
- Present material on NDS and expected geology in subsurface hole section previews, hole section reviews for the well
- Participate in LWOP, CWOP exercises, ensure that the speciality vendors are engaged early in the process
- Provide support to the wellsite geologist: daily and as needed ops call, provide up to date information and offset date
- Help interpret and select formation tops, casing, and core points per SOR and appropriate decision trees.
- Ensure efficient delivery of the data acquisition program and data quality per agreed terms and the security of all sensitive subsurface data a
- Ensure all subsurface vendors are engaged and providing data and support as outlined in the GOP and Well Plan document
- Collaborate between Subsurface and Wells to ensure all well objectives are delivered safely and efficiently
- Ensure Co-owners are receiving all required data and updates. SPA for Co-Owner communication and information dissemination.
- Support the operations petrophysicist QC of data acquisition programs and procedure
- Support successful EOW Report completion ensuring the report meets the expectations of the New Wells Common Process
- Ensure all data is finalised and electronically captures in the corporate regional data store and hard data copy is distributed accordingly to stakeholders
- Support after action review with service providers and liaise with geological contractor personnel to provide QA/QC of all subsurface data and reports with completion of scorecard
- Capture and document all post well key learnings in PWR and share in appropriate NWD venues.
- Support root cause analysis for any NPT event related to subsurface operations (Orange category) and ensure these learnings are distributed through the appropriate venues and stakeholders
- Support the formal development of national staff through learning sessions/workshops for both well-site and operations geology staff
- University Degree in Geology or related subject
- 7-15 years of relevant industry experience, most of which should have been gained in a geological operations environment
- Essential industry experience in the areas of well planning and operations geology, well-site geology. Working knowledge of drilling operations, pore pressure, mudlogging is desirable
- Geological, seismic and petrophysical log interpretation and workstation skills are essential; Petrel and TechLog experience are highly desirable
- Experience with deep water Gulf of Mexico exploration and development wells is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The individual needs to have a collaborative team-first mentality, be self-motivated, with a strong ability to integrate across disciplines
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.