- Posted 09 May 2022
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Well Integrity Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Management and quality control of company's well integrity database system (Safewells) to efficiently support well integrity management processes and to clearly demonstrate the integrity status and assessed risk rank in relation to the company RAM of all active wells.
* Maintain evidence of all completed Well Integrity assurance tasks and key documents, stored on an internal server, as a back up to the well integrity database system
* Identification and communication of gaps or efficiency improvements in terms of company Well Integrity management standards, procedures and assurance activities.
* Promote awareness and provide support, knowledge and assistance in terms of compliance with the requirements of the Well Integrity Management process and related standards to the Well Intervention Engineers and Operations Team.
* Review proposed Well Intervention Request (WIR) with the Well Intervention Engineers to ensure that all remedial activities are appropriate to address identified well integrity non-conformances.
* Timely interpretation and analysis of the reported well assurance or remediation activity to ensure compliance with procedures and the WIR objectives have been met and the activity is accurately reported in the Well Integrity database (SafeWells) and that an auditable trail is maintained to demonstrate compliance.
* Ownership of identified well integrity non-conformances and participates in well integrity non-conformance risk assessments
* Responsible for the preparation and population of any required well integrity risk assessment, dispensation or prohibition, making the Well Integrity Technical Authority and Well Examiner aware of the requirement in a timely manner.
* Responsible for the management of the well integrity risk assessment or dispensation process so that if the non-conformance has not been addressed within the stated time limit, then an justification for the extension of the risk assessment or dispensation is presented for approval.
* Responsible for the verification of the calculated Annulus Operational limits during well construction and post well handover from the Drilling Superintendent and the ongoing assurance of Annulus Operational limits for wells in the operational phase.
* Review of the condition of the well construction and barrier envelopes to verify that the calculation of the Well Annulus Operational limits are correct.
* Ensure that the verified Well Annulus Operational limits are displayed in SafeWells and any excursion of the Safe Design Limits is reported as an impact incident.
* Participate in a regular review of well annulus pressure behaviour trends with the Asset Production Engineer to identify anomalies or non-conformances.
* Responsible for the Bi-Weekly formal reporting of Well Integrity non-conformances, risk rank and related issues to the Asset onshore and offshore management team and associated Wells department personnel.
* Participation in Asset Well surveillance meetings, to promote best practices in well integrity and to develop positive relationships with the offshore Asset Operations team, enhanced with offshore visits to demonstrate commitment and shared ownership.
* Participation in Asset Well Reviews to ensure well integrity non-conformances are reviewed and appropriate actions plans are identified and agreed.
* Provide technical support to the company Well Integrity Technical Authority
* Participation in Well Delivery Process, peer reviews, HAZID / risk assessments, BOD design reviews, etc to highlight well integrity concerns in the well construction phase.
* Assist in incident investigations as required by the technical directorate.
* Review matters arising from Industry Incidents or conferences/seminars in terms of Well Integrity matters and provide feedback via the Well Integrity Lead.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
* Offshore Survival Training Certificate, UK Medical and MIST
* Considerable experience in Well Construction/Intervention/Integrity at both operational and supervisory levels
* Ability to demonstrate problem solving abilities for both process and technical issues
* Familiarity and competent with industry standard reporting software including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and use of databases
* Sound knowledge of the regulations governing well integrity and well examination
* Good knowledge of technological developments, industry initiatives, etc.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054523.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.