- Posted 18 June 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Well Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Support feasibility studies, develop abandonment concepts & Basis of Design
* Develop realistic cost estimates which reflect an appropriate level of contingency
* Conduct risk assessments / identify mitigation plans
* Recommend implementation of new techniques and practices.
* Specify & procure equipment.
* Compile information for regulatory permits & well examination.
* Manage contractor interfaces (including expediting & QA).
* Compile detailed abandonment programmes, supported by relevant specialists.
* Provide onshore support (Daily Operational Plan & MOPS review, engineering analysis, problem resolution, cost & performance tracking etc) during abandonment operations.
* Provide offshore support as agreed.
* Carry out post well review & reporting.
* Perform weekend duty as required
* Perform Contract Management as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant Honours Engineering Degree, and/or equivalent industry experience
* Depth of technical experience in well design and operations
* Breadth of technical experience across range of well disciplines preferred - drilling, completions, interventions, integrity, production etc
* Knowledge of industry standards relating to well decommissioning
* Safety: Actively communicates and takes time to safely perform work to protect our people and environment
* Builds positive relationships across the organisation (Well Ops, Decom, vendors, Well Examiners) to foster a strong work environment
* Decision Making: generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions.
* Results Orientation: Actively communicates and takes time to safely perform work
* Adaptability: responds resourcefully, flexibly and positively when faced with new challenges and demands
* Planning: develops realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives
* May be required to go offshore (ad hoc)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054780.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.