Welding Foreman/ Chargehand
Duration - Temporary with a view to permanent
Location - Cupar
Rate of pay £17.98 per hour for 4 day working week, 4 x 9.75 hours + overtime paid at 1.5 and double time Sundays
An experienced Welding Foreman/Chargehand is required for our client, a successful Steel Fabrication company in Fife, Scotland.
Your responsibilities will be the supervision of welding staff, including, but not limited to:
- Provide relevant instructions and paperwork to welders prior to commencement of job
- Coordinate and enforce production, safety requirements, quality systems, policies and procedures
- Bring to the attention of the General Manager or Quality Manager and perceived hazards or problems encountered on shop floor
- Identifying potential training requirements
- Liaising with maintenance department to maintain welding equipment
- Keeping weld logs up to date and liaising with Quality department to arrange NDT requirements
- Carrying out inspections, before, during & after welding
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.