Warehouse Operative - Nightshift
- Posted 12 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameNeil Grant
Job Title Night Shift Order Production / Warehouse Operative
Responsible For The compilation and packing of Customer orders, making sure orders are picked in the correct sequence prior to loading.
Job Description We are looking for Night Shift Order Production/Warehouse Operatives who can be responsible for picking and packing items for dispatch as they are sent on their way to our valued customers.
Is this you? We want people who are down to earth and with a good work ethic. To be part of our incredible team, you must:
* Take pride in all that you do.
* Carryout everything to the highest standard.
* Never compromise on safety.
* Be part of the wider team.
* Do what's required to get the job done.
You will also need to be able to:
* Ensure that all orders picked by you and the Dry Goods team are accurately picked to help improve customer satisfaction levels achieved by the Company. This will include checking the following:
o The products required are selected accurately and in accordance with each specific order extracted from the system.
o The products selected are free from obvious signs of damage.
o The 'Use By' dates of all products picked are examined to ensure that they provide an acceptable shelf life for the customer.
o All perishable items picked comply with the Company's established quality standards.
o Products are packed securely to prevent damage in transit, for example, heavy robust items at the bottom and more fragile items on the top.
* Assisting with the maintenance of product 'stock rotation' and 'stock level' arrangements developed for each storage area thus reducing wastage and ensuring the most effective utilization of all goods held in stock.
* Fully participating in maintaining effective teamwork with all work colleagues, particularly when there is a requirement to work in groups
* Working quickly and efficiently accommodating the required sequence of picking to ensure that goods are ready at the appropriate time for assembly.
* Continual awareness and conformance with all internal Company procedures and parameters, including Health & Safety provisions.
* Bringing to the attention of relevant Supervisors or Managers all areas of concern regarding internal operations which could result in a deterioration of the service offered to customers or assist in identifying opportunities for improvement.
* To carry out all other reasonable instructions emanating from Supervisors, Department Managers or other Senior Managers.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.