6-month contract with extensions
(Must be located in the US)
$37-40/HR based on health benefits
Orion Group is now seeking an VR Developer to work a remote position for our medical device manufacturing client located in Brea, CA.
VR Developer Responsibilities:
* Working in a small project-oriented team to create custom AR experiences for product training
* Creation of 3D CAD models for purposes of laboratory diagnostic instrument augmented reality service training.
- Design and draw small to large parts and complete assemblies.
* Collaborating with other developers and clients to evaluate project needs and devise training solutions
* Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR scenarios
* Implementing user interfaces based on CAD drawings, mock-ups, and storyboards
* Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
* Design and develop training materials including: storyboards, job aids, participant and instructor guides. All materials will be based on content and specifications provided by subject matter experts.
* Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
* Participating in project planning and team reviews
* Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in augmented and virtual reality
* Recommend appropriate and innovative solutions and complete the design and development of all web-based, virtual, on-the-job, and classroom materials. Build a plan for each learning project for evaluating the successful achievement of training outcomes
* Provide thought leadership around the evaluation of course effectiveness.
* Work with management to standardize global training content delivery.
VR Developer Qualifications:
College and/or CAD technical school certificate preferred. Bachelor's degree in field with 9+ years exp OR Master's degree in field with 7+ years exp OR Doctoral degree in field with 4+ years exp. Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Adult Learning and Education, or military training experience.
* Familiarity with Scope AR is preferred.
* Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD modeling
* Extensive knowledge of standard AR hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
* Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into AR
* Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management and organization
* UI/UX ability and experience a plus
* Use development content tools (Storyline 360 and/or Storyline 3) to create effective and engaging e-learning.
* Exceptional communication (verbal and written)
* Technical aptitude to comprehend technical product training content
* Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Demonstrated track record of strong organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability in and commitment to continuous process improvement.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.