Title: Vehicle Workshop Fitter (HGV)
Location: EcoPark, Edmonton, LONDON
Reporting to: Vehicle Workshop Manager
To carry out maintenance and repair of the Mobile Plant and Transport Fleet within the LWL area.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out routine maintenance of the Mobile Plant and transport Fleet to the specifications and standards set by the Company.
- Carry out repairs and modifications in the workshop and sites within the LWL Group to the Mobile Plant and Transport Fleet.
- Carry out such other duties as may be required to ensure the continued operation of LWL Fleet.
- Complete all appropriate records of work done, etc. as may be required by LWL.
- Maintain all tools and equipment used in the course of your duties to a safe and acceptable standard.
- Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Must be skilled in the maintenance of Mobile Plant and/or Heavy Goods vehicles.
- The post requires a commitment to undertake training on new equipment.
- The post requires you to work outside and therefore sometimes inclement weather.
- LGV driving licence required
General conditions applying to this job:
a. All duties must be carried out to comply with:
i. The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
ii. Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal
iii. Locally agreed Codes of Practice which are relevant.
b. All duties must be carried out in the working conditions normally inherent in the particular job;
c. All necessary paperwork must be completed
d. Equal Opportunities and Quality and Environmental Procedures of the company must be observed.