- Posted 16 June 2022
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Valve Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Carry out Functional Criticality Assessment to determine Consequence of failure (CoF) & ranking of CoF.
* Calculate the Probability of Failure (PoF)
* Review installed critical valve data from SAP
* Combine of the CoF and PoF in a Risk Matrix to assign the relevant inspection, testing, maintenance and diagnostic requirements for critical valves
o Agree system, valve function criticality and methodology for valve management system
o Valves included within the strategy shall be all valves downstream of the wellhead from the choke valve to the last export valve,
o Review all Process & Instrument Drawings, piping specs and valve datasheets
o Review all Process & Instrument Diagrams and establish appropriate criticality to each valve as defined in the agreed methodology
o Input all functional location details, and object details into valve visibility system
* Review P&IDs, GA Drawing, Certification, Photos, Valve Specifications, Survey Details etc
* Determine the individual maintenance spares requirements for each valve as defined in the methodology
* Insurance Spares Holding recommendation, where failure is random and could not have been predicted
* Carry out valve commonality assessment based on valve type, size, class and materials to minimize stock holding
* Review of stock holdings to identify gaps in stock holdings
* Review company's Production losses where root cause was valve failure from previous 5 years
* Identify "Defence Plan" for critical valves where assembly is obsolete
Experience & Qualifications:
* Background in Mechanical Engineering
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055334.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.