UK Tax Management Accountant
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of UK Tax Management Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Provides expertise in accounting and reporting whilst working towards efficient, effective and consistent accounting treatment and reporting timelines across the assets and licences.
* Work closely with UK Finance Team to ensure that the corporate forecast is updated and includes the latest relevant adjustments to take account of changes in business focus and requirements.
* Responsible for the consolidation and preparation of variance analysis and commentary (monthly, quarterly, annually etc) required as part of local management reporting process.
* Liaise with UK Finance Team to ensure that the actuals in the reporting model are accurately reflected (in accordance with internal reporting standards / policies).
* Promote the principles of good accounting practices and continuous improvement.
* Reconcile the actuals and forecast reporting tools to ensure full alignment.
* Responsible for the monthly tax provision calculation using SAP/BPC data, liaising closely with the Finance team.
* Calculation of the tax for forecast data as required during the year per the timetable.
* Work closely with the UK Tax Manager to ensure that the tax calculations reflect current legislation requirements.
* Fully participate in and support the delivery of statutory accounts, year-end/quarterly audits
* Support the hedging programme and requirements for the UK Business Unit
* Reconcile and process VAT returns in SAP to ensure balances are matched in a timely manner
* Responsible for consolidated UK Balance sheet and key account reconciliations
* Assistance in monthly decommissioning postings
* Assistance in tax note preparation for the statutory accounts
* Prepare financial statistical returns
Experience & Qualifications:
* Fully qualified accountant
* Relevant experience in a similar role in the UK E&P sector
* A solid grasp of financial processes
* Good communication skills
* Experience from a global company with a centralized financial organization
* Experience/understanding of tax accounting an advantage
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064678.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.