Orion Group are working with a major Oil & Gas client who are recruiting for a Training & Competence Manager to join their Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12 month contract basis.
This role will provide visible leadership within the business in terms of training and competence programmes and initiatives, and will be accountable for managing and developing training and competence processes at both Project and Corporate level in a structured and cost effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide visible leadership within the business in terms of training and competence programmes and initiatives.
- Drive a high standard of training and competence compliance and ensure these activities are maintained and continuously improved.
- Accountable for managing and developing training and competence processes at both Project and Corporate level in a structured and cost effective manner.
- Continually identify opportunities for improvement and encourage innovation within the team.
- Accountable for ensuring all training and competence activities are carried out in accordance with company procedures in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Provide a proactive approach to challenges and required solutions to ensure delivery in line with business requirements.
- Drive training and competency assurance compliance across the business.
- Lead the promotion of training and competence assurance throughout the business.
- Keep abreast of industry developments involving training and competence assurance and represent the company at related industry body events
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Provide project / functional support where applicable
- Own and develop training management (TMS) contract
- Assure BCCM is applied appropriately across all contracts and projects in the business
- Audit and review BCCM implementation within the business
- Provision of guidance and support to BCCM Stakeholders
- Input and overall approval of the training and competence Management of Change process
- Develop the capability of the team by providing regular performance feedback and implementing effective development, training and learning practices
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior Training and Competence role
- Extensive knowledge of training and competence practices, including implementation and management of Training and Competence Management System.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing new business processes and/or systems.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Experience of working with complex stakeholder relationships and meeting a wide range of requirements.
- Experience of using all Microsoft applications and web-based data bases
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069422
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.