- Posted 19 September 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tooling Engineer / Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Acting as the focal point and owner for Test Equipment on the site. Co-ordinate with all functions to ensure Test Equipment is planned and ready in line with need dates. This may on occasion require the individual to facilitate meetings, define actions and follow through to completion.
* Manage and control the Test Equipment for the site.
* Logging of Test Equipment information and documents onto an internal register. Ensuring maintenance details, location and testing records are kept up to date.
* Ensuring site compliance to company Standard QW-OFE-GLO-ENG-705.
* Ensure test equipment is preserved and stored in accordance with QW-SO-BOD-MFG-003.
* Review of work scopes to define Test Equipment and tooling requirements to carry out testing.
* Initiating transport of test equipment between sites, cells, and shops.
* Suggesting process improvements.
* Preparation of manufacturing routings / work instructions to capture / record the required level of maintenance on Test Equipment.
* Collaborating with Cell's for resource availability to carry out maintenance of Test Equipment.
* Identifying and issuing Test Equipment to various work scopes.
* Ensuring site wide compliance to relevant standards.
* Manage the MOC process when deviations to QW-OFE-GLO-ENG-705 are required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Have practical and theoretical understanding of pressure testing.
* Have proven experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Show ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts, and deduce solutions
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
* Have good organisational and management skills.
* Have product knowledge of subsea services equipment.
* Be proficient in reading and interpreting methods and procedures, drawings, and parts lists.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054112.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.