- Posted 07 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
Termination & Joint Inspector
Key tasks include:
- Inspections of cable systems at each location using the designated inspection reporting tool
- Witness VLF, sheath and OTDR testing, as well as other cable or termination test that might be required
- Ensure that the Contractor prepares and delivers a complete documentation of the works and services carried out according to the agreed RAMS
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements
- QA/QC inspections of termination work
- Daily progress report to the Array or Export Cable Technical Scope Manager (depending of allocated scope) Allocation of assets/resources
- Contractor program/contractor's daily progress reporting review
- Update progress table (Array Specific)
- Project documentation according to project records management
- Permit to Work requests (e.g. Safety Rules)
- Availability of SAP's for switching activities
- Ensure cable testing activities are carried out in due time, including availability of necessary test equipment
- Handover Certification
- Collect weather data
- QA/QC inspections incl. punch list and follow up
- Non-Conformance/Damage Defect Notifications to cable project engineer
- Cable installation contractor interfaces
- WTG, FOU and OSS Package interfaces - where relevant
- End of shift passing over report
- * Review testing documentation and check compliancy with testing requirements.
- Consultant should bring own PPE (must be fire-retardant).
- The Consultant must bring his/her own PC with Microsoft Office software.
- Seafarers Offshore Medical, One Day First Aid Course, Firefighting course, Sea survival and transfer training, Climbing and Rescue at heights training, confined space training, Helicopter transfer and NFPA 70E training (US)
- Skilled in HV/MV cable jointing/termination, cable ladder/cleating systems, subsea cable hang off systems, earthing and bonding of cable systems, CDM regulations 2015 and preferably experience with IT tools/procedures
- HV/MV Jointing training or experience, VLF testing training or experience, OTDR testing training or experience, Safe Work in High Voltage Substation Environments and Safe Work in Low Voltage Substation Environments
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.