Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tendering Project Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Engaging with your client base to understand and support their upcoming needs, along with keeping them appraised of the company's technical developments and value offerings. During which you will be developing sound business relationships.
* Receiving formal enquiries for proposal development and firm business offers; and subsequent review of such invitations and onward management towards delivery of the company's response.
* Preparing pre-qualification and winning proposal documentation and quotations.
* Managing and engaging with a vast internal stakeholder network to ensure we achieve winning proposal offers that deliver our desired commercial performance.
* Negotiating, accepting, scheduling, and planning for contract awards.
* Supporting Project and Business Performance Reviews internally and with your client base to facilitate client satisfaction, repeat business and future business improvement.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience and aptitude more important than formal qualifications.
* Experience on projects encompassing any of the relevant survey disciplines used in offshore geophysical, environmental, nearshore survey, construction support or inspection work. Candidates from other sectors with a strong commercial background may also be considered.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
* Ability to communicate with clients at all levels, internal and external, verbally and in written format.
* Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines. When required, ability to triage priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
* Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, proactively, with a desire to succeed and win business.
* Problem solver, with numeracy and attention to detail skills.
* Tertiary qualification in relevant survey related discipline (surveying, electronic engineering, geoscience) or project management.
* Project management experience of the above captioned activities and / or commercial responsibility for the same.
* Knowledge of commercial aspects / risks / opportunities of survey projects.
* An understanding of business acquisition / procurement processes.
* Negotiation and presentation skills.
* Ability to interact effectively with people at a social and professional level.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068333.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.