We have a current opportunity for a Telecoms Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan.
This is for a major oil and gas operator on an LNG project.
- Assure the Telecoms discipline issuance, review, and approval of EPC technical documents.
- Provide expertise in WAN, Corporate LAN, Telephone System, Hotline System, Public Address General Alarm (PAGA), Meteo Environmental Monitoring System (MEMS), Vessel Traffic Monitoring System (VTMS), Marine Systems (Quick Release Hooks, Mooring Line Monitoring, Berthing Aid System, Ship to Shore, Marine Data Gathering System), CCTV (Process & Security), Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection System, Personnel/Vehicle/Parcel Scanners, Integrated Security Management System (including intercom), VHF Marine Radio System, Operation Radio System (DMR and TETRA), Entertainment System (IPTV & Recreational WiFi), Structured Cabling System, Fibre Optic Network, Radio Towers, etc.
- Implement engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Telecoms design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Degree in Telecommunications Engineering discipline.
- Proficient in English language.
- Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
- Must have the current papers to work in Itay
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.