Technical Safety Engineer (CCS and Hydrogen)
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Engineer (CCS and Hydrogen), based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure timely assessment of Project Major Accident Hazard risks using robust methodologies in accordance with the company's Standards and UK offshore and onshore legislation (SCR, COMAH).
* Providing specialist Hydrogen Technical Safety advice to the company UK
* Drive the application of the Hazard Management Hierarchy principles utilizing pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for Major Accident risks.
* Ensure identified risks and controls are effectively managed through the various phases of the Project.
* Undertaking (self-delivery) the full suite of TSE studies with limited 3rd party support to ensure continued compliance with relevant statutory provisions.
* Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: evaluating proposals and supporting studies & assessments.
* Conduct assurance activities on compliance with the company & UK Legal requirements.
* Maintaining positive and constructive relationship with the UK HSE (and other regulators) using well developed stakeholder management and communication skills.
* Sharing the breadth of knowledge and experience of UK legislation and its application with the project team and peers to improve awareness of UK legislative requirements and lessons learned.
* Provide training and coaching as required on Hydrogen MAH mgt,
* COMAH Cases, RAM application, ALARP demonstration and associated processes
* Support incident investigations
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree (or Industry) qualified in relevant subject.
* Meets the company's JG4 Technical Safety competence profile (Practitioner)
* Relevant experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (onshore or offshore). Experience in supporting Hydrogen facilities or Hydrogen related projects as a Technical Safety Engineer preferred.
* Relevant experience of Projects & Development support
* Must have knowledge and understanding of the full suite of Technical Safety Engineering studies and the Hazards and Effects Management Process such as HAZID / HAZOP, ALARP Demonstration, COMAH Case Development, Performance Standard Development
* Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
* External lens and connectivity: able to understand how the company can influence the external world and how the company is influenced by the external world.
* Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside the company and within different cultural settings.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065288.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.