- Posted 24 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Acts as focal point for HSE related questions/issues and establish a good and professional relationship between the company and relevant parties like; the Health & Safety Executive and OSDR.
* Ensures the health of the Safety & Environmental Critical Elements (SECE's) by the continuous assessment and documenting of these barriers as described in the Safety Case.
* Reviews RM's (modifications and projects) on changes that could influence HSE risks.
* Prepares and execute PSM audits and reviews as per the Asset Audit plan.
* Participates in incident investigations.
* Contributes to the continuous improve
* Reports regularly to the Department Head HSEQ & RC on personal achievements and corporate matters and functional (tender/project/asset) manager on progress, setbacks and concerns.
* Correctly administrates work in accordance with the company's Corporate Management System (CMS).
* Develops him/herself through training and courses and therewith remains conversant with applicable
rules, regulations and legislative developments.
* Actively contributes to corporate and department continuous improvement initiatives.
* Provides independent technical HSE advice to ensure that the risks to persons and the environment are managed to a level that is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP), thereby ensuring compliance with
corporate objectives and applicable legislation.
* If necessary, performs activities abroad; on site, offshore or with client.
* Assists the onshore emergency organization when required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor/master's degree in chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Understanding and knowledge of UK legislation (including OSCR, PFEER, PSR, MAR, DCR) and main regulatory bodies
* Experience in auditing
* Relevant experience in function (only for Senior) Behavioural traits HSE Engineer
* Result orientation
* Problem analysis
* Leadership of individuals (only for Senior)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/056121.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.