Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety and Facilities Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Strong, demonstrable SHE leadership within the office environment and onsite.
* Lead the planning and implementation of the local Process Hazards Analysis programmes including chairing PHAs and/or identifying appropriate resource to chair.
* Lead LOPAs (Level of Protection Analysis), HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Study) and and HAZID (Hazard Identification) reviews (in response to Asset or Project demand.
* Lead root cause investigations for process safety related incidents making considered recommendations to Asset Management addressing both immediate and underlying/root causes.
* Identify opportunities to improve SHE, availability, variable cost and fixed cost.
* Prepare detailed project study reports to ensure generation of accurate project proposals.
* Support the review and update of the local area COMAH and Offshore Safety Case reports to meet legislative requirements.
* Coach/mentor less experienced engineers to ensure technical safety issues are addressed as part of design and operational processes.
* Act as focal point for FPS North Management of Change process.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Chemical engineering Degree with or working towards a Postgraduate Qualification in Safety and Risk Management.
* Chartered Engineer or actively working to achieve chartered status
* Significant' experience including experience of Oil & Gas, Refining or Chemical Industries
* Demonstrable experience of providing Technical Safety Engineering support to on and offshore operations, including subsea and onshore overland pipelines.
* Significant experience of safety and risk assessment methods and safety management.
* Experienced in leading HAZOPs and PHAs.
* Proficient with management of change processes.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to create relationships with stakeholders and 3rd party specialists.
* Up to date knowledge of Offshore and Onshore Legislation and Regulations.
* Strong awareness of human factors influences on process safety
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069046.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.