We have an excellent job opportunity for a Technical Director (Civils/Structural) for our clients Ports & Maritime Division based out of their office in Edinburgh.
Our client provide specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development and their team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters & coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls. They support a wide range of major UK & international clients across the maritime, defence, energy, and transport sectors.
This full time position will be as a Technical Director and will include support to their maritime teams in Glasgow & Cardiff, as well as site teams across a range of locations. As a TD you will lead multi-disciplinary, multi-office teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will have established your reputation for the highest standards of service and technical delivery across a broad range of major projects.
As a senior member of the Maritime team you will be comfortable taking the lead on projects and provide appropriate technical guidance to develop your team. You will co-ordinate resources to plan tasks and contribute to their business goals.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
* inter-discipline and inter-office project planning, delivery and financial performance;
* technical leadership and quality management of project deliverables;
* business development activities including business relationships with Clients, identifying work opportunities and managing delivery of proposals;
* technical and professional leadership, support and development of the team;
* adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems;
* design safety leadership, and developing and maintaining good safety culture;
* Recruitment and team development.
* commitment to continuous professional development;
* chartered member of the ICE, IStructE, or equivalent, with post-chartered experience in the design and delivery of civil engineering projects;
* quickly assimilate into the team and role, performing at Principal Engineer level, bringing project delivery experience within a multidisciplinary environment;
* Successful track record in the design, project management and construction delivery of reinforced concrete, foundation design, and structural analysis.