We have a current opportunity for a Tax Manager on a contract basis, based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
Providing support to in house Tax Department, and advice to internal stakeholders and business units on a range of corporate reporting and compliance matters.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
This role will be broad in scope and involve working with an established in-house Tax Team on a wide variety of corporate reporting and compliance matters. It will be an opportunity to gain extensive and varied in-house experience.
- Supporting Head of Tax with the tax reporting process. Prepare consolidated group tax disclosures for the annual and interim report. Prepare cash tax forecasts and review tax expense for the group on a quarterly basis. Ensure compliance with tax transparency obligations and SAO procedures.
- Managing tax compliance. Prepare the tax disclosures in the statutory accounts. Manage the UK tax compliance and support on any HMRC audits. Assistance with overseas tax compliance as required. Ad hoc support in respect of any overseas audits.
- Supporting Head of Tax with the review and implementation of the new Pillar 2 legislation.
- Managing transfer pricing. Assist with corporate tax planning in relation to simplification of corporate structure, financing, and hedging arrangements.
- Assistance in managing professional advisors' fee budgets
- Experience of UK and international taxes from an in-house role in an international organisation or private practice
- Oil and Gas experience preferred but not essential
- Pragmatic approach to dealing with tax in a commercial context
- Involvement with UK or international tax compliance and tax reporting
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and listening skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Takes a proactive approach
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
- Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome
- Seek ways to find and apply best practice
- Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
- Open, honest & reliable.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.