- Posted 30 April 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Accounting & Reporting Lead based in Aberdeen.
* Lead and manage all financial reporting aspects of UK tax and consolidation of tax for group reporting purposes.
* Ensure that group external results reflect correct amounts in respect of taxation, free of error or omission and that company's statutory financial statements reflect correct amounts in respect of taxation.
* Lead the relationship with external auditors for tax matters.
* Work with and assist the other tax functions and streams as required to ensure provision of a holistic Tax function.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Company HSEQ procedures.
* Responsible for the accuracy of the reported accounting results in respect of taxation.
* Responsible for the satisfactory condition of, and maintenance and update of, the in-house Tax Accounting System and its continued use in SAP.
* The effectiveness of the tax reporting team, and its delivery of support to the business.
* Strong interactions and working relationships both within the Tax function and with the wider Company Finance teams.
* Review of all tax accounting and reporting streams of the group.
* Review responsibility for the tax component of group results, including monthly, semi-annual and annual results.
* Work with Investor Relations to ensure sound, reliable and consistent public messaging re: Company tax attributes.
* Review responsibility for the tax aspects of UK statutory accounts.
* Responsibility for maintaining a robust and aligned control environment for tax matters across the different streams; including move to UK SOX compliance.
* Accountability for in-house tax accounting processes and systems.
* Having a deep understanding of the in-house Tax Accounting System to the level where fiscal law changes can be modelled, tested and implemented working in conjunction with IS. The role involves leadership of this system development work.
* Leading the tax accounting advice and input to the advisory team as required.
* Effective management of the relationship with the external auditors in respect of all tax matters. Leading the meetings in this regard.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified or equivalent.
* Qualified Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor.
* A high level of knowledge of the UK upstream tax code.
* Experience of advising on, and executing, complex transactions.
* Experience in reviewing earnings data for UK upstream activity, identifying issues, and framing an appropriate control and risk management environment (including SOX).
* Detailed SAP expertise preferable.
* Tax system development experience preferred and/or attitude and ability to embrace and own a tax accounting system.
* Working knowledge of general corporate law and its application.
* Able to correctly and competently handle complex tax matters of high value, and able to delegate complex advice.
* Strong commitment to technical excellence and driven to get advice correct.
* Ability to clearly articulate complex tax matters to a range of internal and external audiences.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* High commercial awareness of value drivers, where required, a strong negotiator.
* Desire to develop people and provide active leadership on difficult or contentious matters.
* Financial numeracy/literacy a pre-requisite.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/053740.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.