Orion Group are currently looking to recruit a Tax Accountant for our Aberdeen based client, on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, in this role you will assist the company in meeting its tax compliance and reporting obligations for UK and overseas entities.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting packages for tax.
- Preparation of year-end reporting tax packs under IFRS.
- Preparation of tax disclosures for IFRS statutory accounting purposes.
- Monitoring and reconciling tax accounts, including withholding tax reviews.
- Preparation of UK tax computations from base financial data and filing returns.
- Liaising with external advisers to manage the preparation of overseas returns.
- Ensuring there is consistency in approach, quality and preparation of deliverables.
- Preparing file notes and audit defense files for key judgements and UTTs.
- Ad hoc support on other projects as required.
Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent international qualification. (Essential)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or equivalent international qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation, including international provisions.
- Good knowledge of IFRS.
- General awareness of non-UK tax regimes and international tax principles beneficial.
- Previous experience in a corporate tax compliance and reporting role in a multinational environment
- Knowledge of indirect tax beneficial.
- IT Proficient - advanced excel skills and experience with any of the following software; Alphatax, OneSource Tax Provision or SAP
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068149
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.