- Posted 30 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tax Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Assist the Tax manager where appropriate with project based M&A work including reviewing economic models, structuring work and review of Sale and Purchase Agreements.
* Assist the Tax manager with tax planning to ensure optimum utilisation of tax attributes across the group
* Other Ad hoc advisory for example, for contracts, decommissioning, finance, and economics departments.
* Prepare and maintain documentation to support the wider tax reporting obligations of the Group including Senior Accounting Officer and the Corporate Criminal Offence.
* Prepare the UK Corporate Tax returns of the UK Group for Tax Manager review
* Prepare the PRT returns for Tax Manager Review
* Other compliance including, for example, EITI Filings, EU Directive, Country by Country Reporting and Schedule 23 Data Holder return.
* Prepare the quarterly tax provisions of the Group and prepare tax disclosures
* Prepare statutory tax disclosures and provisions of the UK Group of companies
* Keep abreast of technical developments
* Keep abreast of developments and current issues by following industry wide bodies, for example, O&GUK and UKOITC and attend where required to
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree and qualified accountant and / or a member of the Institute of Taxation
* Requires detailed technical knowledge of Tax accounting
* Attention to detail, analytical and logical mindset
* Self-motivated and quick learner able to operate with minimal supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to build networks and influence a broad range of professionals
* Commercial awareness and appreciation of the impact of accounting decisions on other aspects of the upstream business
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055632.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.