- Posted 24 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Systems Technician, based in Aberdeen.
Must have the right to work in the UK.
* Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all PLC, DCS, ESD, Fire and Gas and HIPPS safety systems and associated instrumentation marshalling and systems cabinets. Primary duties shall include preventative and corrective maintenance routines, documentation update and reporting, log keeping, maintenance, minor software design and modification, equipment replacement, and inspection. Fault finding on control system-based equipment ranging from discrete packages with differing PLC control arrangements to complex control arrangements built into the DCS, as well as Fire and Gas, HIPPS and ESD Logic, etc. The range of equipment includes, but is not limited to the following:
* Systems Simple and complex control arrangements interfacing with the Honeywell DCS system, as well as associated systems and marshalling cabinet equipment. Emergency Shutdown, Fire and Gas and Over Pressure Protection Systems Logic built into Honeywell FSC Equipment and associated systems and marshalling cabinet equipment. Various Manufacturer Programmable Logic Controllers used to control Pneumatic/ Hydraulic Power and Control Units for Wellhead and Subsea Control Systems, air compression systems, potable water and chemical injection skids. Addressable Fire and Smoke Detection Systems used to detect and control firefighting systems including firewater, foam and CO2.Miscellaneous discrete package unit control panels, such as that used for power generation (Solar Turbines), emergency power generation (GE), other UCPs etc.
* Equipment: ABB 800XA, Honeywell Distributed Control System (TDC 3000, Experion) Honeywell Safety Manager Emergency Shutdown System and Fire and Gas System, ICS Triplex Trusted System, Yokogawa ESD Panel,Minerva F&G Panel,"Smart" transmitters (Pressure, flow, temperature, level),Flow instrumentation (orifice, ultrasonic, variable area and multi-phase),Misc. Programmable Logic Controllers (GE Fanuc, Siemens, Allen Bradley),Nucleonic instrumentation.
* EEx Equipment - Responsible for ensuring the general integrity of explosion protected equipment throughout the platform and specifically within systems and marshalling cabinets. Proactive member of the Offshore Team, advising Operations & Maintenance Departments in order to meet team deliverables and objectives. Member of the Installation's Emergency Response Organisation; required to fulfil a role such as Emergency Response Team Member/Leader; Lifeboat Coxswain.
* First line diagnostic and remedial work/operations in the event of plant upsets in equipment using relevant P&IDs, loop diagrams, vendor manuals and other data to assist with corrective action. Maintains accurate and comprehensive records including, but not limited to event logs, maintenance records (SAP), and override/inhibit logs.
* Interface with Engineering Team for minor modification and project scopes of work, ensuring that site documentation is built in line with MOC requirements.
Experience & Qualifications:
Recognised qualification in Instrumentation, Electronic, Computer or Electrical Engineering at HNC/HND or Degree level is preferable.
* Extensive distributed control systems and related instrumentation operations and maintenance competency, preferably gained in an offshore or petrochemical environment.
* Ability to understand and compile technical reports with associated drawings as required, pertaining to electronic, electrical and instrumentation systems or operations.
* Demonstrated ability in the use of SAP CMMS to ensure required work activities are captured in the development of equipment maintenance plans.
Proactive approach to HE&S initiatives.
* Demonstrate good teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a close, multi-discipline environment. Maintain positive and tactful relationships with others.
* Demonstrate proactive, flexible and positive attitude. Share knowledge freely with others to ensure best practices.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063550.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.