- Posted 30 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Systems & Process Improvement Engineer
Competitive salary + attractive benefits
Location - Glasgow
Due to our continued growth, our client is seeking an experienced Systems & Process Improvement Engineer to join their PG Production Equipment team, who are responsible for all aspects of equipment mobilisation and readiness at Spoolbases and offshore on PG Production vessels. This role will be based in Old Kilpatrick, Glasgow on a permanent basis.
The Systems & Process Improvement Engineer will play a key role in helping to drive improvements with all our equipment tasks, including supporting trialling of new equipment, technical improvements of existing equipment and establishing more efficient methods of working to assist production improvement in manpower and task efficiencies. You will also contribute to our equipment development activities - design, performance & software upgrades.
What do our client offer?
* Career Development - As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on we have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing our engineers to allow them to progress their career through the organisation.
* A Sustainable Future - Our client have been committed to the evolving energy sector for over 10 years. As the energy sector continues to evolve, our client are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include: decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, offshore green hydrogen production support and decarbonising our own operations.
* Flexible Working - our client offer a flexible working environment with hybrid working options available to any successful candidate.
* Excellent Benefits - our client offer highly competitive remuneration and comprehensive benefits packages, as well as sports clubs and social and recreational activities for both you and your family
What does the role involve?
Duties of the Systems & Process Improvement Engineer can involve but are not limited to the below:
* Identify and implement intelligent, digital-based systems and processes to support the equipment departments key deliverables.
* Develop and implement our Equipment Management and Stock Control Systems, ensuring the system is fit for purpose, continuously developed, robust and understood by all stakeholders.
* Maintenance of operational records (equipment management system) and produce reports on site activities for management, where required.
* Develop tools and processes to allow the gathering of equipment data such as maintenance costs, onsite utilisation, reactive maintenance and other related metrics, which will help improve the accuracy of equipment maintenance budgets and also forecasting equipment utilisation.
* Improve our equipment mobilisation and RFO process by developing and implementing a Bill of Materials (BOM) system, or similar, which will support the identification of project specific equipment, spares and consumables with greater efficiency.
* Preparation of operational procedures across the departments, liaising with key stakeholders to understand department requirements and to shape our procedures to suit.
* Contribute to the Equipment Department tendering process to review forecast productivity, equipment and manning levels during bid.
* Support of project planning to ensure key project deliverables are met.
* Produce and issue minutes of meetings, action trackers and project lesson learned as required.
* Liaise with client and sub-contractor personnel as required.
* Follow up & analyse the progress of the equipment department key deliverables and lead the trouble shooting of any safety, quality or technical issue related department systems or processes.
What do you need to have?
* Engineering related degree with strong IT skillset.
* Willing to consider candidates with an IT related degree such as Data Analytics or Information Management but previous experience of working in an engineering industry would be essential.
* Experience of SAP software is desirable.
* Experience of developing ERP systems is desirable.
* Computer literate.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.