Survey Operations Manager
- Posted 25 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameCameron Lisle
Orion Group are sourcing a Survey Operations Manager on behalf of our client, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services, on a permanent basis in Sutton, London.
The Survey Operations Manager is responsible for the delivery of Survey services to projects operating within our client's Global Project Centre (GPC) region adding value through safety, quality, reliability and efficiency across all survey operations.
Based in our client's Sutton office, the role leads and manages onshore and offshore personnel to deliver solutions and services to SURF projects within the Region. Reporting to the Global Survey & Inspection Manager in Aberdeen, occasional domestic and international travel to our client's other offices, worksites and client offices will be required.
The role is a key interface with both internal and external customers and promotes a high level of collaboration between internal functions and stakeholders to achieve desired business goals and objectives.
- Manages regional survey department budgets, optimising utilisation of resources with regular forecasting and reporting of resource requirements
- Develops strategic plans as required to support the local business
- Provides leadership and motivates direct reports to achieve project success by reducing cost and maximising profit without compromise to quality or safety
- Maintains a high level of technical & operational competence across regional Survey teams through identified training and continued professional development of self and direct reports
- Allocates work across direct reports as required to support regional tenders, operations and business initiatives as required
- Supports direct reports in tendering and operations in respect to lessons learned, current practices, equipment & technologies and selection, procurement and selection and management of 3rd party services
- Supports regional tendering as required and is responsible for the approval of costs and budgets submitted by direct reports
- Is familiar with the general work scopes, schedules and major risks and opportunities within local projects
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders in other Regions/Functions with regular interface meetings
- Promotes the capability of Survey & Inspection and requests regular feedback from internal & external customers to identify areas for improvement
- Ensures all HSEQ incidents related to regional survey operations are recorded and monitors closure through investigation, corrective actions and transfer of experience to other local and global projects & operations
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to identify, procure and co-ordinate additional or new services, methods and technologies to provide improved quality, efficiency and cost reductions
- Supports the local GOM Crewing Manager to ensure qualified, skilled and competent offshore personnel are available to meet demand from locally flagged vessels
- Plans recruitment, training and deployment of Offshore Skillpool and monitors the utilisation of staff against their contract days whilst balancing use of agency personnel to meet budget.
- Supports OR Crewing to forecast requirements for offshore survey personnel on non-local flagged global enabling vessels and agrees assignment of resources to best fit the needs of the regional operations
- Supports Equipment Group to forecast regional requirements for survey assets, optimises utilisation of internal assets and provides input to annual Survey CAPEX requirements
- Maintains regular contact with key suppliers within the area of responsibility and actively supports SCM to select and manage suppliers
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Regional Survey organisation and recommend changes when required
- Assists with global and local strategic and tactical business initiatives as required
- Responsible for cost control within area of responsibility and approval of invoices where relevant in line with Company policy.
- Any other duties as directed
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- A degree in a relevant Survey or Earth Sciences subject or significant demonstrable role relevant experience.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of current offshore construction/IMR survey techniques and technologies
- Role relevant experience gained at management level.
- Experience in delivering reports and presentations for internal & external stakeholders
- IT literate across MS Office products including Teams and Sharepoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains strong collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment.
- Excellent people management skills to lead, direct and develop a team to deliver success aligned the Company and client goals.
- Actively participates in the personal development of team members and the sourcing of new talent.
- Pro-active planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and successfully meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced 24/7 global business.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, demonstrates initiative and ownership to deliver workload unsupervised while flexible to support wider team activities.
- Committed to continuous improvement and identification of efficient work methods and cost savings, actively encourages the same in others.
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.