Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Surface Tree and Wellhead Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* The Engineer reports under the HPHT Well Engineering Team and is responsible to provide technical expertise and operational support (including System Integration Testing) of Surface Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems, Tooling, and Services.
* Support new well construction, intervention & abandonment activities from a jack-up drilling rig and management / maintenance of company owned equipment.
* Supporting the relevant Front End Engineering team during design and supporting the relevant operational team during execution, ensuring lessons learned are captured and shared.
* The Engineer will act as the focal point with suppliers, taking a lead role on behalf of the company, for scheduling, management, refurbishment and certification of Surface Trees, Wellhead Equipment, Tooling and Intervention Systems.
* Technical input and support, both routine and emergency, on all aspects of Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems.
* Managing rig interfaces, equipment handling, clash checks, etc. As part of any rig start‐up they will organise and compile accurate rig survey reports, make recommendations and manage the implementation of any modifications and enhancements for equipment as required.
* Provide technical and cost estimation input where necessary with respect to surface wellheads and trees.
* Ensure compliance with the company and industry standards for surface wellhead and tree scopes.
* Provide input and review Drilling, Completion, and Intervention and Abandonment programs adopting standardisation where possible.
* Review, advise of changes required and approve finalised supplier Operations and Maintenance manuals.
* Develop and agree SIT Plans and Procedures for all Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems such that the test programme delivers technical integrity assurance of all system interfaces prior to shipment for installation. Maintain the SIT master schedule and consult with other departments and disciplines within the company to ensure all aspects of SIT are satisfied, such as scheduling of 3rd party equipment to meet project requirements.
* Review quotes and request for POs to be raised for SIT related activities.
* Provide exemplary HS&E leadership to ensure that corporate HS&E policies and initiatives are disseminated and applied to all Wellhead and Tree system integration testing operations.
* Monitor and report all HS&E statistics and performances against plan for SIT activities investigate and report incidents and sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT.
* Working seamlessly with the Operations team, the Engineer will support the execution of wellhead and tree related activities. They will attend Supplier Operational Team meetings to ensure Company owned and rental installation equipment is on schedule to meet operational requirements.
* Responsible for surface Wellhead and Tree related Non‐Conformance Report Management, investigations, and reporting through RCFA reasons for sub‐optimal performance and all causes of NPT.
* Participate and contribute to lateral learning and after‐action review exercises and be responsible to implement such learnings in Standard Operating Procedures and with Supply Chain & vendors.
* The role involves stakeholders internal and external to the department.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Strong stakeholder management skills, familiarity with working across disciplines and proven technical experience.
* The incumbent will have extensive experience and knowledge of surface Tree and Wellhead systems and will have experience in similar roles.
* Experience with either TFMC or Cameron surface systems is strongly preferred.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068432.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.