- Posted 10 June 2022
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameBinxa Auta
Orion Group have an exciting opportunity with Our Multinational Pharmaceutical Client located in Liverpool, UK. We are sourcing a Supply Chain Analyst on an initial 3-month contract role.
**Remote working opportunity**
The role holder will be responsible for the support, development, and execution of category management strategies across the Company's Commercial Business globally to ensure best possible value while managing risk and maintaining compliance in sourcing practices.
This role will be directly involved in sourcing or bid activities, reviewing, and negotiating annual scoping activities, driving & supporting sourcing projects, managing the supplier risk process, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders internal to the Company and within the vendor base.
The role holder will Coordinate the short and long-term needs for Commercial Operations (Sales & Marketing) to be supported and aligning this need with the regional and global category leads by leading sourcing projects including regional and supplier selection process:
- Research and preparation of a supplier shortlist.
- Compilation and leadership of the RFX/RFI (Request for Information/Request for Proposal) sourcing process.
- Assessment of supplier qualifications.
- Obtaining and analyzing risk assessment information.
- Support other local and regional sourcing initiatives.
- Support Global Commercial Sourcing with contracting needs (preparing CDAs, routing contracts for signatures, etc.)
- Vendor Add support.
- Co-operation in the development of global procurement strategies for Commercial Operations (Sales & Marketing)
- Ensure all engagements with third party partners adhere to the Company Policies (Global Sourcing, Global Legal, etc.) and leverage the appropriate tools (Procurement Front Door, Jaggaer, Aravo Risk Management, etc.)
- Monitor the current market situation and technological development related sub-categories.
- Identify the opportunities and risks of supply and demand.
- Adhere to savings target.
- Prepare regular project reports.
- Negotiate the terms of contracts in partnership with Legal, Risk, Privacy, PV, etc.).
- Define KPIs for selected suppliers and negotiate longer-term strategic contracts with the aim of reducing costs and improving service levels.
- Maintain supplier and stakeholder relationships.
- Work in cross-departmental teams to ensure delivery readiness, delivery sources and mandatory quality.
- Professional participation in local and global projects.
- Manage the TPRM/Aravo request process on behalf of Global Commercial Sourcing.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors to deliver upon Procurement's objectives by ongoing discussions regarding supplier performance, issues, procurement improvement initiatives and other broader business issues.
- Participate in global transformation projects (as required) and continuous improvement initiatives as required to ensure the delivery of targeted benefits.
- Support Sourcing Category Manager's with category strategy development
- Conduct Spend Analysis/reporting as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement / Supply Chain Management preferred or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in strategic sourcing or relevant Commercial category experience or relevant legal experience.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry or related industry preferred but not essential.
- Basic strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner, apply creative approaches to engage audiences, manage change, resolve conflict, and build consensus.
- Solid Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Relationship Management knowledge.
#orionlifesciences #orionlifescienceseurope #supplychain #opportunity #career #contract
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.