Our client, a leading international operator, have a current opportunity for a Subsea Pipeline (rigid) Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in LONDON or PARIS - for the London based position candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. For the London based position candidates must have the right to live and work in the European Union.
Candidates must have:
- 15 - 20 years in the Oil & Gas industry on Offshore Projects / Fields
- 10+ years with sound engineering experience in subsea pipeline (rigid) engineering
The service holder shall ensure the following missions:
- Supervise and control the FEED engineering by timely reviewing the disciplines-related documentation issued by Contractor (WPS / WPQR / technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in order to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimize costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety.
- Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues...
- Promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
- Ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. to guarantee the compliance on his activities ensure that state of the art, company referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
- Promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
- Issue and maintain all the necessary technical documentation related to the disciplines.
- Identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to subsea pipeline (rigid)
- Participate to project reviews as requested by Company requirements (HAZOP, HAZID, PR...) and prepare or participate in Safety / Technical Audits for his/her disciplines.
- Liaise and interface actively with other SURF specialists with regard to the disciplines-related matters and on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability and maintainability matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work.
- Assist in the preparation of the EPCI CFT (preparation/review specification, clarification…).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.